There are no demons in pitch: Abhishek Nayar
Shimoga: India A top-scorer Abhishek Nayar on Friday said even as they have conceded a 47-run lead against West Indies A but there was nothing to worry as there were no demons in the wicket.
"There is no pressure on India. Obviously they have 47 runs lead. Let`s see how the pitch behaves tomorrow. The pitch so far has been good," he told reporters at the end of the third day`s play of second unofficial Test.
The pitch was on a slower side making run-scoring a difficult task. "You have to hit it hard because the ball goes soft pretty soon on a slow pitch," he added.
Replying to a question on the match heading for a draw, the Mumbai Indians lad said four-day games usually do not give results unless one of the teams bats or bowls badly.
"If it was a five-day game, obviously there could have been a result," he said.
On his 89-run knock, Nayar said he has fallen back on his aggressive instincts, a change from last two seasons playing for Mumbai Indians where he dropped anchor and believed batting through the innings.
Nayar said he was disappointed to have missed out on a hundred because he was converting 80s into 200s in first class cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof