There is no question of my resignation: N Srinivasan
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Even as the arrest of his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan’s has given rise to the demands of his resignation from the post of BCCI’s president, N Srinivasan is defiant saying there is no question of him quitting the cricket board.
"I have done nothing wrong. There is no question of my resigning. My conscience is clear," Srinivasan told a news channel on Friday.
Meiyappan, who had appeared in the Mumbai crime branch for questioning, was arrested by the Mumbai Police for his involvement in the spot-fixing scandal that rocked the Indian Premier League on Friday night.
Various media reports quoted sources as saying that BCCI vice-president Arun Jaitely may replace Srinivasan as interim chief if the latter resigns.
However, according to another report which quoted a senior BCCI official as saying that the board won’t shy away from requesting former president Shashank Manohar to take charge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof