Thisara Perera stars on Day 1 of 3rd Test
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Pallekele: Update 4 : After bundling out Paksitan for 226, Sri Lanka found themselves in a precarious situation of 44 for 3 at the end of Day 1.
Update 3: Pakistan were seven wickets down for 200 runs after the completion of 63 overs.
Update 2: After the end of 50 overs, Pakistan were 141/5. Misbah-ul-Haq, who made 40, was the fifth wicket to fall. He became Perera’s fourth victim edging one behind to the keeper.
Update 1: By the end of 30 overs, Pakistan were in trouble losing four wickets at the score of 80 runs. Right-arm medium pacer Thisara Perera took three wickets that included openers Mohammad Hafeez and Taufeeq Umar. Azhar Ali and Younis Khan departed for naught.
Sri Lankan captain Mahela Jaywardene won the toss and invited Pakistan to bat first in the third and final Test on Sunday.
Sri Lanka are without their opening batsman Tillakaratne Dilshan who has been replaced by Dinesh Chandimal. Pakistan lost the first Test and are trailing 0-1 in the 3-match series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price