Three bookies arrested in Goa
Panaji: The Goa Police have arrested three Mumbai-based bookies for betting during the fifth South Africa-Sri Lanka One-day International played in Colombo on Wednesday.
Police said the bookies - Hitesh Jatakia, Sunil Shukla and Hitesh Desai - are from the Dahisar suburb of Mumbai and were staying at a hotel near Panaji for the entire series. A laptop, more than 16 mobile phones and some cash were recovered from their hotel room during the raid late Wednesday, a police spokesperson said.
"They have been arrested under the Goa Daman and Diu Public Gambling Act, 1976," he said.
In May, the state police, on a tip-off from their Delhi counterparts, had arrested six bookies for betting on the Indian Premier League matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI constitution is highly incapable of achieving transparency, accountability: Supreme Court
- West Bengal Assembly polls: Political parties go all out to woo enclave voters
- Exercise Red Flag: Can IAF pilots outgun American top guns?
- BSEAP.org SSC Results 2016: BSEAP 10th X Class SSC Andhra Pradesh Board Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared on May 5 on manabadi.co.in
- IPL 2016: Delhi Daredevils vs Rising Pune Supergiants, Preview - Match 33 at Feroz Shah Kotla