Three changes for Melbourne Renegades
Melbourne: The technical committee of T20 Big Bash League (BBL) has approved three changes to the Melbourne Renegades squad, including Zimbabwean-born Solomon Mire’s elevation as community rookie to be eligible for selection in the Renegades final XI for Friday’s opening match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
Daniel Harris has been ruled out due to injury and has been replaced by 24-year-old batsman Mire, the Renegades’ contracted community rookie. Paceman James Pattinson continues his rehabilitation from his back injury and will be replaced by fellow bowler 23-year-old Jake
Matthew Gale has also been ruled out due to injury and has been replaced by 28-year-old Tasmanian quick Andrew Fekete.
Under the new BBL playing conditions for this season, Harris, Pattinson and Gale will be able to resume their place in the Renegades squad if they recover from injury and are fit to resume playing duties before the end of the tournament.
Mire struck an unbeaten 101 from 53 deliveries for the Darren Lehmann Cricket Academy against the Renegades on the weekend and holds the record for highest one-day score for the Darwin and District Cricket Competition when he blasted 260 from 157 balls (including 21 sixes and 13 fours) in July.
The community rookie contracts are a new league initiative to provide opportunities to players who might not otherwise be identified as one of Australian cricket’s pathway programs.
Under BBL playing conditions, rookie players do not form part of the BBL team squad unless the technical committee approves the player to be added to the team squad as a local replacement player.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!