Three changes for Melbourne Renegades
Melbourne: The technical committee of T20 Big Bash League (BBL) has approved three changes to the Melbourne Renegades squad, including Zimbabwean-born Solomon Mire’s elevation as community rookie to be eligible for selection in the Renegades final XI for Friday’s opening match at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG).
Daniel Harris has been ruled out due to injury and has been replaced by 24-year-old batsman Mire, the Renegades’ contracted community rookie. Paceman James Pattinson continues his rehabilitation from his back injury and will be replaced by fellow bowler 23-year-old Jake
Matthew Gale has also been ruled out due to injury and has been replaced by 28-year-old Tasmanian quick Andrew Fekete.
Under the new BBL playing conditions for this season, Harris, Pattinson and Gale will be able to resume their place in the Renegades squad if they recover from injury and are fit to resume playing duties before the end of the tournament.
Mire struck an unbeaten 101 from 53 deliveries for the Darren Lehmann Cricket Academy against the Renegades on the weekend and holds the record for highest one-day score for the Darwin and District Cricket Competition when he blasted 260 from 157 balls (including 21 sixes and 13 fours) in July.
The community rookie contracts are a new league initiative to provide opportunities to players who might not otherwise be identified as one of Australian cricket’s pathway programs.
Under BBL playing conditions, rookie players do not form part of the BBL team squad unless the technical committee approves the player to be added to the team squad as a local replacement player.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH