Three-day IPL inauguration mooted
Kolkata: A grand three-day inauguration is being planned for the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League by IMG, the event management company of the highly-popular Twenty20 cricket league.
Things will be finalised after IMG holds a bidding for the sponsors in Mumbai on February 10.
IMG today held a meeting with the Kolkata Knight Riders at the CAB where a discussion on the inauguration took place.
"IPL-V in Chennai was a two-day affair but they were keen to make it across three days with the final being the match day (on April 3)," CAB joint secretary Subir Ganguly told PTI.
He further hinted that Eden Gardens might not be the venue for the inauguration ceremony as it would host the match on April 3.
"They have thought of alternative venues like Netaji Indoor Stadium, Yuba Bharati Kriragan and even Mohun Bagan ground. But details will be finalised after they determine the sponsors following the bidding on February 10," he added.
Meanwhile, the CAB has planned to put in place turnstiles at all the 19 entry points of the Eden Gardens before the IPL.
"A total of 82 turnstiles will be put in place at all the entry points besides the club house," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog