Thunder coach backs struggling Gayle
Sydney: Thunder head coach Shane Duff has thrown his support behind embattled West Indies star Chris Gayle, following the opener`s latest failure.
Gayle managed just nine runs as Thunder crashed to a four-wicket loss to Sydney Sixers, their sixth straight loss in the Australian Big Bash, reports CMC.
"It`s always the issue if you`re not scoring runs. People think he`s not trying," Duff said.
"But I can assure you he`s giving his absolute best to the team. He`s just having a bad run at the moment.
He`s a human being and he`s definitely hurting and I know how determined he is to score runs for us and help the team to win a game."
Gayle arrived at Sydney on a reported Australian $250,000 deal but has scraped together just 70 runs from five innings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what