Thunder coach backs struggling Gayle
Sydney: Thunder head coach Shane Duff has thrown his support behind embattled West Indies star Chris Gayle, following the opener`s latest failure.
Gayle managed just nine runs as Thunder crashed to a four-wicket loss to Sydney Sixers, their sixth straight loss in the Australian Big Bash, reports CMC.
"It`s always the issue if you`re not scoring runs. People think he`s not trying," Duff said.
"But I can assure you he`s giving his absolute best to the team. He`s just having a bad run at the moment.
He`s a human being and he`s definitely hurting and I know how determined he is to score runs for us and help the team to win a game."
Gayle arrived at Sydney on a reported Australian $250,000 deal but has scraped together just 70 runs from five innings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?