Thunder coach backs struggling Gayle
Sydney: Thunder head coach Shane Duff has thrown his support behind embattled West Indies star Chris Gayle, following the opener`s latest failure.
Gayle managed just nine runs as Thunder crashed to a four-wicket loss to Sydney Sixers, their sixth straight loss in the Australian Big Bash, reports CMC.
"It`s always the issue if you`re not scoring runs. People think he`s not trying," Duff said.
"But I can assure you he`s giving his absolute best to the team. He`s just having a bad run at the moment.
He`s a human being and he`s definitely hurting and I know how determined he is to score runs for us and help the team to win a game."
Gayle arrived at Sydney on a reported Australian $250,000 deal but has scraped together just 70 runs from five innings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today