Thunder coach backs struggling Gayle
Sydney: Thunder head coach Shane Duff has thrown his support behind embattled West Indies star Chris Gayle, following the opener`s latest failure.
Gayle managed just nine runs as Thunder crashed to a four-wicket loss to Sydney Sixers, their sixth straight loss in the Australian Big Bash, reports CMC.
"It`s always the issue if you`re not scoring runs. People think he`s not trying," Duff said.
"But I can assure you he`s giving his absolute best to the team. He`s just having a bad run at the moment.
He`s a human being and he`s definitely hurting and I know how determined he is to score runs for us and help the team to win a game."
Gayle arrived at Sydney on a reported Australian $250,000 deal but has scraped together just 70 runs from five innings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam