Tiger Pataudi in critical condition
New Delhi: Former Indian cricket captain Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi, who was admitted to a prominent hospital in New Delhi following lung infection, has been shifted to the ICU after doctors found him to be critically ill last evening.
Mansur Ali Khan continues to remain critically ill in the ICU. He is on very high level of oxygen support requiring intermittent BIPAP. He is conscious and his cardiac function remains stable. He is being monitored very closely, a hospital bulletin said.
He is being observed closely by a team of pulmonologists and critical care specialists, it said.
70-year-old Pataudi, who is undergoing treatment at the Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, was admitted in August end and has been diagnosed with interstitial lung disease, a condition in which the passage of oxygen to the two lungs is less than normal.
He is suffering from a disease which does not have proper or permanent cure. It takes time. The patient in such cases breathes out more of carbon dioxide, a doctor with the hospital said.
Sources said Pataudi’s son actor Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor visited the ailing former cricketer at the hospital.
Pataudi, regarded as one of the finest Indian captains, played 46 Tests for the country, scoring 2793 runs for an average of 34.91 with an unbeaten 203 being his highest score.
In all, he smashed six centuries and 16 fifties in his career.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves