Tim May backs Harper against BCCI’s influence
Melbourne: Federation of International Cricketers Associations (FICA) chief executive Tim May has joined former Australian umpire Daryl Harper in condemning the amount of influence the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) currently has on the global game.
Harper had earlier claimed that Team India had used bullying tactics on their recent tour of the West Indies, and criticized the International Cricket Council (ICC) for failing to support him.
Now, May has accused the BCCI of failing to act in the wider interests of the game.
“There certainly is a feeling that the Indian board wields too much power at the moment. We have recently completed a survey of players and one of the questions was whether the ICC was dominated too much by the BCCI. An overwhelming number replied yes,” May said.
“I think everyone close to cricket realizes the power of the BCCI because their commercial capability is huge,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...