Tim Southee, Hamish Rutherford selected for second ODI
Wellington: Tim Southee and Hamish Rutherford have been included in the New Zealand squad for the second one-day international against England to be played at Napier on Wednesday.
The pair has been called in the squad following injuries to bowler Mitchell McClenaghan and opening batsman Martin Guptill, who will be out of the Wednesday’s match.
The domestic Otago Volts batsman Rutherford will be making a comeback to the squad after an impressive debut in last week`s Twenty20 series, while the experienced Northern Knights bowler Southee has just returned to cricket after recovering from a thumb injury.
Guptill, who scored a heroic 27 to see New Zealand to victory in the first ODI match, had to be dropped because of a hamstring strain, while McClenaghan suffered a side strain after taking 4-56 in his bowling stint.
According to the team physiotherapist Paul Close, McClenaghan will miss the rest of the one-day series while Martin will be out for Wednesday match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- December 16 gang-rape convict attempts suicide – Read Nirbhaya parents' response
- 1st ODI: Azhar Ali's 82 goes in vain as Jason Roy guides England to 44-run win over Pakistan
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai
- Vietnam scientists spot rare endangered primates
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule