Tim Southee, Hamish Rutherford selected for second ODI
Wellington: Tim Southee and Hamish Rutherford have been included in the New Zealand squad for the second one-day international against England to be played at Napier on Wednesday.
The pair has been called in the squad following injuries to bowler Mitchell McClenaghan and opening batsman Martin Guptill, who will be out of the Wednesday’s match.
The domestic Otago Volts batsman Rutherford will be making a comeback to the squad after an impressive debut in last week`s Twenty20 series, while the experienced Northern Knights bowler Southee has just returned to cricket after recovering from a thumb injury.
Guptill, who scored a heroic 27 to see New Zealand to victory in the first ODI match, had to be dropped because of a hamstring strain, while McClenaghan suffered a side strain after taking 4-56 in his bowling stint.
According to the team physiotherapist Paul Close, McClenaghan will miss the rest of the one-day series while Martin will be out for Wednesday match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees