Tim Southee, Hamish Rutherford selected for second ODI
Wellington: Tim Southee and Hamish Rutherford have been included in the New Zealand squad for the second one-day international against England to be played at Napier on Wednesday.
The pair has been called in the squad following injuries to bowler Mitchell McClenaghan and opening batsman Martin Guptill, who will be out of the Wednesday’s match.
The domestic Otago Volts batsman Rutherford will be making a comeback to the squad after an impressive debut in last week`s Twenty20 series, while the experienced Northern Knights bowler Southee has just returned to cricket after recovering from a thumb injury.
Guptill, who scored a heroic 27 to see New Zealand to victory in the first ODI match, had to be dropped because of a hamstring strain, while McClenaghan suffered a side strain after taking 4-56 in his bowling stint.
According to the team physiotherapist Paul Close, McClenaghan will miss the rest of the one-day series while Martin will be out for Wednesday match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre