Tim Southee set to replace Doug Bollinger in CSK squad
New Delhi: New Zealand fast bowler Tim Southee is likely to don Chennai Super Kings jersey in the upcoming edition of the Indian Premier League.
Southee will be replacing Australian seamer Doug Bollinger who is yet to recover from his ankle injury that led to him missing the World Cup.
It has been learnt from sources that since Bollinger would have been unavailable for the cash-rich event, the CSK management decided to seek a replacement for the injured pacer from the IPL governing council.
The New Zealand pacer was in good form during the World Cup emerging as the highest wicket-taker for his country with 18 scalps. His performance was one of the reasons for New Zealand reaching the last four in the competition.
Southee has played 13 Tests and 51 ODIs for New Zealand taking 35 and 70 wickets respectively. In the shortest version, Southee has 22 victims from 19 T20 Internationals with best figures of five for 18 against Pakistan in Auckland last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read