Tim Southee set to replace Doug Bollinger in CSK squad
New Delhi: New Zealand fast bowler Tim Southee is likely to don Chennai Super Kings jersey in the upcoming edition of the Indian Premier League.
Southee will be replacing Australian seamer Doug Bollinger who is yet to recover from his ankle injury that led to him missing the World Cup.
It has been learnt from sources that since Bollinger would have been unavailable for the cash-rich event, the CSK management decided to seek a replacement for the injured pacer from the IPL governing council.
The New Zealand pacer was in good form during the World Cup emerging as the highest wicket-taker for his country with 18 scalps. His performance was one of the reasons for New Zealand reaching the last four in the competition.
Southee has played 13 Tests and 51 ODIs for New Zealand taking 35 and 70 wickets respectively. In the shortest version, Southee has 22 victims from 19 T20 Internationals with best figures of five for 18 against Pakistan in Auckland last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers