Time for MS Dhoni & Co. to settle scores with England
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: India have reached England for nearly a two-month long tour, which will kick-start with a five-match Test series, followed by five-match ODI series and a sole T20I.
But the highlight of the tour is undoubtedly the Test series. When India toured England last time to play a four match Test series in 2011, they were crushed by the home side as England beat them 4-0. So this time around, MS Dhoni & Co. would like to take the revenge from the Alastair Cook-led side.
India will first play two warm-up matches with Leics and Derbyshire before the start of the first Test at Nottingham from July 9th.
This time Indian players have ample time to acclimatise themselves before the long series starts. Another factor that might give India some advantage would be the transition phase that the English team is going through, after the shameful Ashes defeat in Australia. In fact, the absence of maverick batsman Kevin Pietersen will also going to hurt England a bit.
If India manage to get the early momentum in the series then they have players in the team who can give the hosts a tough time. So if India really want to take the revenge then they have to show some nerves in the beginning to put England under pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS