Tired Dalai Lama not to attend IPL match
Dharamsala: Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, who was invited to attend the IPL match between Kings XI Punjab and Royal Challengers Bangalore on Tuesday, has decided to give it a miss.
The Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) had extended an invitation to the spiritual leader to be the chief guest for Tuesday’s day and night match.
"Dalai Lama will not be present for Tuesday`s match as he has just arrived at Dharamsala following a fortnight-long tour of the US and Japan," said Tenzin Taklha, joint secretary at the Dalai Lama`s office.
"Dalai Lama is tired after a long foreign tour and wishes to take rest ahead of his lectures in Dharamsala on June 3 and 4. He will deliver lectures on Buddhism in the mornings to Tibetan youth at upper TCV School Auditorium," Taklha added.
In the previous IPL edition, the Nobel Peace Prize winner had attended the day-and-night encounter between Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings here, which the visitors won by six wickets to book their place in the semifinals.
The spiritual leader watched the game with great interest and also held a religious discourse with the players and franchisees.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L K Advani will be the chief guest for tomorrow`s game, one HPCA official informed. He is expected to reach here tomorrow afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH