Tired Dalai Lama not to attend IPL match
Dharamsala: Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama, who was invited to attend the IPL match between Kings XI Punjab and Royal Challengers Bangalore on Tuesday, has decided to give it a miss.
The Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) had extended an invitation to the spiritual leader to be the chief guest for Tuesday’s day and night match.
"Dalai Lama will not be present for Tuesday`s match as he has just arrived at Dharamsala following a fortnight-long tour of the US and Japan," said Tenzin Taklha, joint secretary at the Dalai Lama`s office.
"Dalai Lama is tired after a long foreign tour and wishes to take rest ahead of his lectures in Dharamsala on June 3 and 4. He will deliver lectures on Buddhism in the mornings to Tibetan youth at upper TCV School Auditorium," Taklha added.
In the previous IPL edition, the Nobel Peace Prize winner had attended the day-and-night encounter between Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings here, which the visitors won by six wickets to book their place in the semifinals.
The spiritual leader watched the game with great interest and also held a religious discourse with the players and franchisees.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L K Advani will be the chief guest for tomorrow`s game, one HPCA official informed. He is expected to reach here tomorrow afternoon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him