Title-holder Rajasthan storm into Ranji Trophy final
Rohtak: Fast bowler Rituraj Singh returned with a five-wicket haul to help Rajasthan notch up a 64-run victory over Haryana and enter into their second consecutive Ranji Trophy final at the Bansi Lal stadium.
Only in his third first-class game, Rituraj finished as the highest wicket-taker for Rajasthan in the innings, claiming five for 37 to skittle out Haryana for 120 in their second essay in Lahli.
Rituraj, who took a total of 12 wickets for 82 runs in this semifinal game, claimed the wickets of Harshal Patel (1), Prateek Pawar (6) and tail-enders Jayant Yadav (5) and Mohit Sharma (20) today in Haryana`s second innings. He had also dismissed opener Rahul Dewan yesterday.
Resuming at 15 for two, still needing 170 to win, Haryana`s second innings folded just an hour after lunch with Rituraj dismissing Mohit.
Sachin Rana, who was the highest scorer for Haryana with 25 runs, tried to provide some resistance but once he was dismissed just before lunch with the scoreboard reading 88 for seven, it was all but over for the hosts.
Starting the day under bright sunny conditions, Haryana could add only five more runs to their overnight score of 15 before losing nightwatchman Harshal Patel (1), who nicked a Rituraj delivery and the stumper Dishant Yagnik completed the catch.
Prateek Pawar too found it difficult to negotiate the accurate bowling of Rituraj and after a 21-ball vigil ended up giving his wicket away to the bowler.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise