Title-holder Rajasthan storm into Ranji Trophy final
Rohtak: Fast bowler Rituraj Singh returned with a five-wicket haul to help Rajasthan notch up a 64-run victory over Haryana and enter into their second consecutive Ranji Trophy final at the Bansi Lal stadium.
Only in his third first-class game, Rituraj finished as the highest wicket-taker for Rajasthan in the innings, claiming five for 37 to skittle out Haryana for 120 in their second essay in Lahli.
Rituraj, who took a total of 12 wickets for 82 runs in this semifinal game, claimed the wickets of Harshal Patel (1), Prateek Pawar (6) and tail-enders Jayant Yadav (5) and Mohit Sharma (20) today in Haryana`s second innings. He had also dismissed opener Rahul Dewan yesterday.
Resuming at 15 for two, still needing 170 to win, Haryana`s second innings folded just an hour after lunch with Rituraj dismissing Mohit.
Sachin Rana, who was the highest scorer for Haryana with 25 runs, tried to provide some resistance but once he was dismissed just before lunch with the scoreboard reading 88 for seven, it was all but over for the hosts.
Starting the day under bright sunny conditions, Haryana could add only five more runs to their overnight score of 15 before losing nightwatchman Harshal Patel (1), who nicked a Rituraj delivery and the stumper Dishant Yagnik completed the catch.
Prateek Pawar too found it difficult to negotiate the accurate bowling of Rituraj and after a 21-ball vigil ended up giving his wicket away to the bowler.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray