Tiwary, Shukla omitted from Jharkhand Ranji team
Jamshedpur: Middle-order batsman Saurav Tiwary and seamer Rahul Shukla have been omitted from the Jharkhand Ranji team ahead of its last league match against Goa, beginning at Keenan stadium from Tuesday.
While Tiwary was replaced by batsman Ashis Yadav, left-arm seamer Jaskaran Singh would take the place of Shukla for the last league encounter, Rajesh Verma, secretary of the Jharkhand State Cricket Association, said.
Verma said Singh had impressed the selectors with his performance during the Under-22 tournaments recently.
Earlier, Tiwary, who led the Jharkhand team against Hyderabad and Jammu & Kashmir, relinquished captaincy ahead of the tie against Maharashtra in Nasik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding