Tiwary, Shukla omitted from Jharkhand Ranji team
Jamshedpur: Middle-order batsman Saurav Tiwary and seamer Rahul Shukla have been omitted from the Jharkhand Ranji team ahead of its last league match against Goa, beginning at Keenan stadium from Tuesday.
While Tiwary was replaced by batsman Ashis Yadav, left-arm seamer Jaskaran Singh would take the place of Shukla for the last league encounter, Rajesh Verma, secretary of the Jharkhand State Cricket Association, said.
Verma said Singh had impressed the selectors with his performance during the Under-22 tournaments recently.
Earlier, Tiwary, who led the Jharkhand team against Hyderabad and Jammu & Kashmir, relinquished captaincy ahead of the tie against Maharashtra in Nasik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!