Tiwary, Shukla omitted from Jharkhand Ranji team
Jamshedpur: Middle-order batsman Saurav Tiwary and seamer Rahul Shukla have been omitted from the Jharkhand Ranji team ahead of its last league match against Goa, beginning at Keenan stadium from Tuesday.
While Tiwary was replaced by batsman Ashis Yadav, left-arm seamer Jaskaran Singh would take the place of Shukla for the last league encounter, Rajesh Verma, secretary of the Jharkhand State Cricket Association, said.
Verma said Singh had impressed the selectors with his performance during the Under-22 tournaments recently.
Earlier, Tiwary, who led the Jharkhand team against Hyderabad and Jammu & Kashmir, relinquished captaincy ahead of the tie against Maharashtra in Nasik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'