Tiwary ties the nuptial knot
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In the last one year or so, many Indian cricketers have got married. And now another Indian cricketer, Manoj Tiwary, tied the knot on Thursday with his girlfriend Sushmita Roy at Howrah.
According to reports, Tiwary first met Sushmita about six years ago through a common friend. Since then they have been sported regularly in public places. The 27-year-old, who also plays for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League, is currently nursing his knee injury which will take another few months to heel.
A promising Indian batsman, Tiwary has played 8 ODIs for India and has a high score of 104 not out against the West Indies.
During last year`s IPL, Tiwary smashed a six off Mumbai Indians pacer Lasith Malinga and according to the batsman; the big-hit was an answer to Sushmita, who had doubted his abilities against the maverick Sri Lankan bowler. Hopefully his marriage will prove lucky for him and this talented lad from Kolkata will manage to cement his place in the Indian team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed