Tiwary, Uthappa named `A` team captains for Australian tour
Mumbai: Manoj Tiwary and Robin Uthappa have been named captains of India A`s four-day and one day squads, which will leave for a month-long tour of Australia to compete in first-class as well as limited overs matches.
While Tiwary will be skipper the side in the four day matches, Uthappa has been entrusted with the job of leading the side in the one day version. India will play two four-day matches against the James Faulkner-led Australia A in Queensland from July 6-9 and 13-16 respectively.
They will then play a quadrangular one day series involving Australia A, Australian High Performance Centre and South Africa A.
The team has all the players who have performed during the last domestic season as well as IPL-7.
The likes of K L Rahul, Karun Nair, Railways` Anureet Singh, Services` Rajat Paliwal have made it to the day`s team following good showings in Ranji Trophy while a few like Umesh Yadav, Amit Mishra will get a chance to showcase their skills before the five-match ODI series against England come calling.
Left-arm spinner Pragyan Ojha also gets a lifeline having been discarded from all formats in the senior team. Youngsters like Unmukt Chand, Akshar Patel, Manan Vohra, Rishi Dhawan have all been selected for the one day version.
The only surprise was Kedar Jadhav - Ranji Trophy`s highest scorer was not selected in the longer version after having scored 1223 runs this season.
Uthappa has been deservingly rewarded for his performance in the IPL while Tiwary got the captaincy on the basis that he has been on A tours the maximum number of times in this current squad apart from boasting a good first-class average of 59.55 across 65 matches with 18 tons.
Four Day squad: Manoj Tiwary(captain), KL Rahul, Jiwanjot Singh, Robin Uthappa, Ambati Rayudu, Karun Nair, Naman Ojha (wicketkeeper), Pragyan Ojha, Umesh Yadav, Dhawal Kulkarni, Anureet Singh, Rajat Paliwal, Amit Mishra, Sandeep Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, Baba Aparajith
One Day series: Robin Uthappa(Captain), Unmukt Chand, Manish Pandey, Ambati Rayudu, Manoj Tiwary, Kedar Jadhav, Sanju Samson, Parveez Rasool, Akshar Patel, Dhawal Kulkarni, Rishi Dhawan, Mohit Sharma, Karn Sharma, Rahul Shukla, Manan Vohra, Jaydev Unadkat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE XII Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared tomorrow