TN in hunt for first innings lead over Mumbai
Mumbai: Tamil Nadu were 227 runs behind the huge Mumbai first innings score of 535 for 8 declared with four wickets in hand on the third and penultimate day of the Cooch Behar under 19 Trophy quarter final match at Mumbai Cricket Association`s BKC complex today.
At stumps, the visitors -commencing the day at the overnight 29 for no loss- were 308 for six with captain Baba Indrajeet providing the main hope with an unconquered 84 off 292 minutes with ten fours in 156 balls.
R Vishnu was batting on 57 after a stay of 163 minutes during which he struck eight fours off 145 balls.
The two unbeaten batsmen had added 110 runs for the unbroken 7th wicket after TN looked down for the count at 198 for six when J Kaushik was run out for a quick 41 off 61 balls with seven fours.
Kaushik was dismissed after he and his skipper put on 61 runs for the sixth wicket to guide TN out of troubled waters when they were 137 for 5.
Captain Indrajeet`s brother Aparajieet, who has already played Ranji Trophy for his state, led the early reply with 71 off 107 balls with six fours.
For Mumbai, captain and left arm spinner Harmeet Singh captured two wickets.
Brief scores: Mumbai 535 for 8 decl. Tamil Nadu 308 for 6 (B Aparajeet 71, V Ganga Sridhar 33, B Indrajeet 84 not out, J Kaushik 41, R Vishnu 57 not out; Harmeet Singh 2 for 95).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video