TN reach 101 for three on rain-curtailed day
Chennai: Tamil Nadu`s reached 101 for three in their first innings as persistent rain here resulted in only one session of play was possible on the second day of their Ranji Trophy Group B match against Baroda here today.
Having bundled out Baroda for a meagre 162 in their first innings, the hosts had a real chance of registering an outright victory but their chance was jolted because of the rain-curtailed day today.
At stumps, Baba Indrajith was batting on 23 and Dinesh Karthik was also unbeaten on similar score.
Tamil Nadu, who are placed at fifth place in Group B with four draws so far, desperately need a win. The hosts still trail Baroda by 61 runs with seven wickets in hands and two days left to force the issue.
Resuming on five for no loss, the overnight batsmen -- Abhinav Mukund and Arun Karthik -- made conscious efforts to upset the opposition spinners.
The duo put on 42 runs for the opening wicket before Karthik got out for 59-ball 23. Mukund was also quick to join his partner in the dressing room for a well-made 29.
Baba Aparajith, who began his Ranji Trophy campaign this year with a double-ton against Services and has scored at least a half-century in every game that followed, today underestimated Yusuf Pathan`s turn and was out lbw for two to leave Tamil Nadu reeling at 67 for 3.
However, his twin brother, Indrajith, playing in his second first-class match, displayed good footwork and in the able company of Dinesh Karthik guided Tamil Nadu to lunch without any further damage.
Baroda 1st innings: 162 all out in 83.5 overs (Dhiren Mistry 68; Rahil Shah 4/49, R Aushik Srinivas 3/20).
Tamil Nadu 1st innings: 101 for three in 42 overs (Abhinav Mukund 29; Yusuf Pathan 2/39).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown