TNCA opens sealed stands ahead of 2nd IPL qualifiers
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu Cricket Association opened its three newly-built stands at the Chepauk stadium ahead of the second IPL qualifier between Chennai Super Kings and Delhi Daredevils on Thursday.
The three new stands -- G, H, I -- were sealed in August last year by the Chennai Corporation for violation of building norms but Madras high court today permitted the use of the stadium for tomorrow`s match and Sunday`s IPL final.
The tickets for the three stands have been priced at Rs. 500 and Rs 750 for the lower and upper tiers respectively and would be available for sale from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm tomorrow for both the matches.
Tickets will also be available for sale on May 26th and 27th for the final, subject to availability, a TNCA secretary K S Viswanathan said in a release.
The 12,500 seats in these galleries remained vacant throughout IPL V, including during the tournament opener between Chennai and Mumbai Indians on April 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest