Tour by `A` teams helped South African players develop: Haroon Lorgat
Johannesburg: Describing the winter international programme as a huge success, Cricket South Africa (CSA) chief executive Haroon Lorgat feel the recent tour by `A` sides of India and Australia has helped in developing new players for the Proteas.
The programme, for the hosts, included a triangular ODI series involving Australia A and India A followed by two four-day games with the latter.
"All three participating countries are to be congratulated on the quality of their cricket and the manner in which all the games were played," Lorgat said on Tuesday.
"Both India and Australia came here with a large number of players with international experience and it was an excellent test for our rank of potential future Protea players."
Lorgat expressed hope that such initiatives would continue in the future as well.
"South Africa, Australia and India all have plenty lot of depth to their cricket and I am hopeful that this initiative is something that can be built on going forward," he said.
South Africa A levelled the two-match unofficial Test series by registering an emphatic 121-run victory over India A at Pretoria on Tuesday.
"This last match represented the best traditions of the first-class game with the one side first gaining the ascendancy and then the other fighting back to dominate," he said.
India A had comprehensively won the first match by an inning and 13 runs at Rustenburg last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city