Tri-series: India vs Sri Lanka- Preview
Port of Spain: India will have to play to their full potential when they meet Sri Lanka in their last must-win league match on Tuesday to keep alive their hopes of making it to the final of the tri-nation ODI series.
The Indians, who rediscovered their spark courtesy the crushing victory over the West Indies, will seek to keep the momentum going in the crucial game against the Lankans, who will be equally determined to secure a berth in the final.
It is a must-win situation for the Indians but they may have a slight edge over Sri Lanka as the islanders would not get any rest due to the rain-forced postponement of their game against the West Indies to be completed today.
On the flip side, the Indians will have to wait until at least tomorrow morning to know the mathematical calculations with regards to the finals berth given that all three teams are in with a chance.
The West Indies-Sri Lanka match, which was into its 20th over, had to be postponed to the reserve day today after rain halted play.
The Indians have no option but to wait for the result of this game to know exactly what they need to do to enter the final.
After losing two of the three matches they have played so far, Virat Kohli`s men would need to be clear about the maths during the final league clash against the familiar foes.
The last time India and Sri Lanka came face to face, the islanders sailed past their neighbours with enormous ease.
But the fatigue factor, which incidentally is also setting in on the clashes between the two South Asian rivals due to the sheer frequency, could prove to be Sri Lanka`s undoing on Tuesday.
The Indians would come into match quite fresh and on a high after beating the West Indies in their previous game, a win that kept them in the hunt for a final berth.
Kohli provided the spark, after twin debacles in the first leg, with an inspiring hundred that was also his first as captain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside