Trinidad`s women cricketers to tour South Africa
Port of Spain: The West Indies women’s cricket captain Merissa Aguilleira is to lead Trinidad and Tobago on a goodwill tour of South Africa early next month.
The Trinidadian wicketkeeper will captain a 15-member squad to play One-Day Internationals (ODI) and T20s from April 3-19.
Missing from the squad is West Indies spin bowler Anisa Mohammed, who could not be considered for selection since, she is still recovering from an injury sustained during the recent ICC Women`s World Cup.
The squad has some familiar and new faces.
Experienced players include Anisa`s twin sister Alisa Mohammed, Stacy Ann-King and Gaitri Seetahal while newcomers are Chantal Emmanuel, Rackeal Bissoon, Samantha Bissoon and Selene O`Neil.
Aguilleira recently captained the West Indies to the final of the Women`s World Cup and a T20 4-1 series win over Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- India vs West Indies: Satisfied to score double ton after forgettable debut, says Virat Kohli
- FIR lodged over beating of two Dalits in Bihar's Muzaffarpur
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- France's Francois Hollande says Munich shooting is a ''terrorist attack''