Trinidad`s women cricketers to tour South Africa
Port of Spain: The West Indies women’s cricket captain Merissa Aguilleira is to lead Trinidad and Tobago on a goodwill tour of South Africa early next month.
The Trinidadian wicketkeeper will captain a 15-member squad to play One-Day Internationals (ODI) and T20s from April 3-19.
Missing from the squad is West Indies spin bowler Anisa Mohammed, who could not be considered for selection since, she is still recovering from an injury sustained during the recent ICC Women`s World Cup.
The squad has some familiar and new faces.
Experienced players include Anisa`s twin sister Alisa Mohammed, Stacy Ann-King and Gaitri Seetahal while newcomers are Chantal Emmanuel, Rackeal Bissoon, Samantha Bissoon and Selene O`Neil.
Aguilleira recently captained the West Indies to the final of the Women`s World Cup and a T20 4-1 series win over Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step