Trinidad`s women cricketers to tour South Africa
Port of Spain: The West Indies women’s cricket captain Merissa Aguilleira is to lead Trinidad and Tobago on a goodwill tour of South Africa early next month.
The Trinidadian wicketkeeper will captain a 15-member squad to play One-Day Internationals (ODI) and T20s from April 3-19.
Missing from the squad is West Indies spin bowler Anisa Mohammed, who could not be considered for selection since, she is still recovering from an injury sustained during the recent ICC Women`s World Cup.
The squad has some familiar and new faces.
Experienced players include Anisa`s twin sister Alisa Mohammed, Stacy Ann-King and Gaitri Seetahal while newcomers are Chantal Emmanuel, Rackeal Bissoon, Samantha Bissoon and Selene O`Neil.
Aguilleira recently captained the West Indies to the final of the Women`s World Cup and a T20 4-1 series win over Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maruti Vitara Brezza receives over 1 lakh bookings
- Boman Irani was 'professional' with son Kayoze on '...Michael Mishra' set
- UP assembly elections: Congress plans massive road show, public meeting on July 25
- Left, JD(U) leaders to visit Una today
- BJP hits back at Pakistan, says talks with Islamabad only on terrorism issue and not on Kashmir