Trinidad`s women cricketers to tour South Africa
Port of Spain: The West Indies women’s cricket captain Merissa Aguilleira is to lead Trinidad and Tobago on a goodwill tour of South Africa early next month.
The Trinidadian wicketkeeper will captain a 15-member squad to play One-Day Internationals (ODI) and T20s from April 3-19.
Missing from the squad is West Indies spin bowler Anisa Mohammed, who could not be considered for selection since, she is still recovering from an injury sustained during the recent ICC Women`s World Cup.
The squad has some familiar and new faces.
Experienced players include Anisa`s twin sister Alisa Mohammed, Stacy Ann-King and Gaitri Seetahal while newcomers are Chantal Emmanuel, Rackeal Bissoon, Samantha Bissoon and Selene O`Neil.
Aguilleira recently captained the West Indies to the final of the Women`s World Cup and a T20 4-1 series win over Sri Lanka.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani