Trinidad`s women cricketers to tour South Africa
Port of Spain: The West Indies women’s cricket captain Merissa Aguilleira is to lead Trinidad and Tobago on a goodwill tour of South Africa early next month.
The Trinidadian wicketkeeper will captain a 15-member squad to play One-Day Internationals (ODI) and T20s from April 3-19.
Missing from the squad is West Indies spin bowler Anisa Mohammed, who could not be considered for selection since, she is still recovering from an injury sustained during the recent ICC Women`s World Cup.
The squad has some familiar and new faces.
Experienced players include Anisa`s twin sister Alisa Mohammed, Stacy Ann-King and Gaitri Seetahal while newcomers are Chantal Emmanuel, Rackeal Bissoon, Samantha Bissoon and Selene O`Neil.
Aguilleira recently captained the West Indies to the final of the Women`s World Cup and a T20 4-1 series win over Sri Lanka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...