Trott overtakes Manjrekar`s record
Auckland: England`s Jonathan Trott on Saturday surpassed Indian batsman Vijay Manjrekar in scoring the most number of runs in Test matches without hitting a six.
The England top order batsman passed Manjrekar here at the Eden Park while scoring 27 before being bowled by New Zealand pacer Trent Boult in the third and final Test.
In total, Trott now has 3,215 runs, seven more than Manjrekar`s 3,208.
Manjrekar played 55 Tests from 1951 to 1965 scoring 3,208 runs at an average of 39.12. He hit seven centuries with a highest of 189 not out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred