Trott overtakes Manjrekar`s record
Auckland: England`s Jonathan Trott on Saturday surpassed Indian batsman Vijay Manjrekar in scoring the most number of runs in Test matches without hitting a six.
The England top order batsman passed Manjrekar here at the Eden Park while scoring 27 before being bowled by New Zealand pacer Trent Boult in the third and final Test.
In total, Trott now has 3,215 runs, seven more than Manjrekar`s 3,208.
Manjrekar played 55 Tests from 1951 to 1965 scoring 3,208 runs at an average of 39.12. He hit seven centuries with a highest of 189 not out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- BCCI sells India-West Indies T20 rights without following Supreme Court mandated tender procedure: Report
- Demi Lovato sued for copyright infringement
- Washed out Tests: ICC sanctions loom over 'poor' outfields at Kingsmead, Queen's Park Oval
- Madhya Pradesh Assembly ratifies GST Bill
- Haryana CM forgets PV Sindhu’s name, says she’s from Karnataka: Report