Trott overtakes Manjrekar`s record
Auckland: England`s Jonathan Trott on Saturday surpassed Indian batsman Vijay Manjrekar in scoring the most number of runs in Test matches without hitting a six.
The England top order batsman passed Manjrekar here at the Eden Park while scoring 27 before being bowled by New Zealand pacer Trent Boult in the third and final Test.
In total, Trott now has 3,215 runs, seven more than Manjrekar`s 3,208.
Manjrekar played 55 Tests from 1951 to 1965 scoring 3,208 runs at an average of 39.12. He hit seven centuries with a highest of 189 not out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees