Trott overtakes Manjrekar`s record
Auckland: England`s Jonathan Trott on Saturday surpassed Indian batsman Vijay Manjrekar in scoring the most number of runs in Test matches without hitting a six.
The England top order batsman passed Manjrekar here at the Eden Park while scoring 27 before being bowled by New Zealand pacer Trent Boult in the third and final Test.
In total, Trott now has 3,215 runs, seven more than Manjrekar`s 3,208.
Manjrekar played 55 Tests from 1951 to 1965 scoring 3,208 runs at an average of 39.12. He hit seven centuries with a highest of 189 not out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Vijay Mallya says in forced exile, no plans to return to India
- Now, 'Find Time' for your meetings using Google Calendar
- Cancel your train ticket on phone or via SMS through these easy steps
- Not getting visa? This Balaji temple can help you fly abroad
- Rahul Gandhi visits ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS