Trott overtakes Manjrekar`s record
Auckland: England`s Jonathan Trott on Saturday surpassed Indian batsman Vijay Manjrekar in scoring the most number of runs in Test matches without hitting a six.
The England top order batsman passed Manjrekar here at the Eden Park while scoring 27 before being bowled by New Zealand pacer Trent Boult in the third and final Test.
In total, Trott now has 3,215 runs, seven more than Manjrekar`s 3,208.
Manjrekar played 55 Tests from 1951 to 1965 scoring 3,208 runs at an average of 39.12. He hit seven centuries with a highest of 189 not out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman