Trott suffers shoulder injury in second Test
Nottingham: England`s Jonathan Trott will have a scan on his left shoulder after a fielding accident on day two of the second Test against India at Trent Bridge on Saturday, the England and Wales Cricket Board said.
Trott dived to stop a Rahul Dravid cover drive after lunch. Although he prevented the boundary, he immediately looked in discomfort and writhed on the outfield clutching the shoulder. He left the field immediately, accompanied by the team`s physio and doctor.
"Jonathan Trott is to undergo a scan later today on his left shoulder to determine his participation in the rest of the Test," an ECB statement said. "He won`t field again today (Saturday)."
It is the latest mishap to affect an England player in the match after spinner Graeme Swann hurt his left hand when batting on Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing