Trott suffers shoulder injury in second Test
Nottingham: England`s Jonathan Trott will have a scan on his left shoulder after a fielding accident on day two of the second Test against India at Trent Bridge on Saturday, the England and Wales Cricket Board said.
Trott dived to stop a Rahul Dravid cover drive after lunch. Although he prevented the boundary, he immediately looked in discomfort and writhed on the outfield clutching the shoulder. He left the field immediately, accompanied by the team`s physio and doctor.
"Jonathan Trott is to undergo a scan later today on his left shoulder to determine his participation in the rest of the Test," an ECB statement said. "He won`t field again today (Saturday)."
It is the latest mishap to affect an England player in the match after spinner Graeme Swann hurt his left hand when batting on Friday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday