Twin sisters ready to shine for Windies in World Cup
Bridgetown: Barbadian Kyshona Knight will join her twin sister Kycia in the West Indies women`s team for the ICC Women`s World Cup in India later this month.
Kyshona, a left-handed batter and right-arm seamer, is the only newcomer in the 15-member squad which was unveiled on Thursday.
"It is a great feeling to be selected in the West Indies team with my sister," said Kyshona. "This is a dream for both of us."
Kycia, a left-handed batter and wicketkeeper, made her international debut last year and was a member of the team that reached the semi-finals of the ICC Women`s World Twenty20 Tournament last year in Sri Lanka.
"I wanted to join her from the time she made the team last year and I`m pretty excited right now that our dream of playing together for the West Indies has been realised,"said Kyshona.
"Not many sisters, especially twins, play the same sport and achieve similar success," she said.
The Windies women will play in Group A alongside defending champions England, hosts India, and Sri Lanka. Group B will include Australia, New Zealand, Pakistan and South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan