'Typical' Mohali pitch awaits India and England
Mohali: The third one-dayer between India and England at the PCA stadium here will be played on a "typical" Mohali pitch, which promises to produce an even contest between bat and ball, curator Daljit Singh said on Wednesday.
Mohali, one of India`s finest cricket stadia, is known for its pace and bounce that subsides as the match progresses, making the affair an even contest.
And Daljit claimed this time also there won`t be much of a difference.
"It is a typical Mohali track. There is grass on it which we have deliberately kept but the wicket will look completely different tomorrow," Daljit said during a guided tour of the pitch to the mediapersons.
"The thinner the grass, the faster the ball will come to the bat. But from now onwards the cracks will open up and the pitch will become much whiter and dryer. It is a typical wicket, a good batting track," added the curator, refusing to speculate a par score tomorrow.
He also said that they have already tested the pitch ahead of the crucial day-night encounter between India and England.
"We prepared the pitch in five days but we have tried it out with couple of games," said Daljit.
The curator also admitted that dew might play a major role tomorrow.
"The dew factor will definitely be there but we are trying to minimise it. We are using ASPA-80 spray to negate the dew factor," he insisted.
With a 2-0 lead in the five-match series, India take on England in the third ODI tomorrow, hoping to seal the series here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'