UAE`s Aziz reported for suspect bowling action
Dubai: United Arab Emirates` Nasir Aziz has been reported for suspected illegal bowling action following his side’s 62-run loss to Ireland in the second semi-final of the ICC World Twenty20 Qualifier.
Aziz was reported Friday by umpires Michael Gough, Ranmore Martinesz, Steve Davis, Derek Walker and match referee David Jukes under the ICC Regulations for the Review of Bowlers Reported with Suspected Illegal Bowling Actions.
This is the second time that Aziz has been reported during the tournament and he is now required to submit to an ICC analysis.
Following the first report, Aziz was required to submit to a Home Board Analysis which concluded that Aziz employed a legal bowling action. Hence, he was permitted to continue bowling.
If the ICC assessment concludes that Aziz employs an illegal bowling action, he will immediately be suspended from bowling in any international cricket for one year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- The India of our dreams: This poet's take will leave you inspired - Watch
- Six killed in vehicles' collision in Madhya Pradesh
- Bhumi Pednekar feels glad about `plus sized` actors now being given equal love
- Search for MH370 to be suspended
- Must watch — MJ Akbar gives stern warning to Pakistan on Kashmir