Umar Akmal cleared of any serious medical problem
Karachi: Pakistan`s wicketkeeper-batsman Umar Akmal on Friday heaved a sigh of relief as he has been cleared of any serious medical problem by the country`s one of the topmost neurologists, Dr Nadir Ali Syed.
The Pakistan Cricket Board today announced Dr Nadir has given Akmal a clean bill of health with "no restriction on physical activity or exertion" and "no need for medication or any further medical tests at this time".
The PCB had referred Akmal to Dr Nadir for specialist advice after the player fell unconscious on a flight while playing in the Caribbean Premier League in August.
"We referred him because we wanted to be absolutely sure about his medical condition and it is indeed great news he is now available to play for Pakistan," a PCB official said.
The official also said that Dr Nadir has diagnosed Akmal "for seizure due to sleep deprivation".
"According to him (Dr Nadir) it was a one-off incident, a relatively common occurrence and does not necessitate any restrictions on Akmal, other than ensuring at least 6-7 hours of sleep every night," the official said.
The caretaker Chairman of the board, Najam Sethi has hoped that the talented player "shall live up to his immense potential and be able to serve Pakistan cricket with distinction in the months and years to come".
With Pakistan due to play two important "home" series against South Africa and Sri Lanka in the UAE from October, the availability of Akmal will come as good news to the national selectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you