Umar gets dragged in another controversy
Karachi: Pakistan`s middle-order batsman, Umar Akmal has once again got caught in a unwanted controversy after being involved in an argument with a security guard at the Gaddafi stadium in Lahore.
Umar, who had in February spent a day in jail after clashing with a traffic warden in his hometown Lahore, could also face an inquiry from the Pakistan Cricket Board over the incident at the entrance of the stadium on Monday.
According to eyewitness accounts, Umar got upset and angry when the security guard didn`t recognise him and told him he couldn`t bring his vehicle into the stadium.
"Umar had gone to the PCB headquarters to hand over invitation cards for his wedding later this month. But after the argument with the security guard he left in a huff without delivering the cards," a source said.
The Pakistan batsman lost his cool when the guard told him that while he could go into the stadium his car would have to be parked outside.
Players are normally allowed to park their cars inside the stadium that is normally heavily guarded.
The source said the board has decided to inquire into the matter.
Umar was only able to appear in the Asia Cup and World T20 in Bangladesh after the traffic warden with whom he clashed forgave him and dropped a court case after getting a apology from the batsman.
Umar is getting married to the daughter of former Pakistan Test leg-spinner, Abdul Qadir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Dreaded Maoist couple, three other ultras surrender in Odisha
- High-speed trains running on these five routes soon to be a reality
- Dalits are used as 'political weapon', says BSP chief Mayawati
- Russian athletics mess: Gloom and anger for athletes due to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- BSP workers hold protest, demand arrest of Dayashankar Singh