Umar gets dragged in another controversy
Karachi: Pakistan`s middle-order batsman, Umar Akmal has once again got caught in a unwanted controversy after being involved in an argument with a security guard at the Gaddafi stadium in Lahore.
Umar, who had in February spent a day in jail after clashing with a traffic warden in his hometown Lahore, could also face an inquiry from the Pakistan Cricket Board over the incident at the entrance of the stadium on Monday.
According to eyewitness accounts, Umar got upset and angry when the security guard didn`t recognise him and told him he couldn`t bring his vehicle into the stadium.
"Umar had gone to the PCB headquarters to hand over invitation cards for his wedding later this month. But after the argument with the security guard he left in a huff without delivering the cards," a source said.
The Pakistan batsman lost his cool when the guard told him that while he could go into the stadium his car would have to be parked outside.
Players are normally allowed to park their cars inside the stadium that is normally heavily guarded.
The source said the board has decided to inquire into the matter.
Umar was only able to appear in the Asia Cup and World T20 in Bangladesh after the traffic warden with whom he clashed forgave him and dropped a court case after getting a apology from the batsman.
Umar is getting married to the daughter of former Pakistan Test leg-spinner, Abdul Qadir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Kerry arrives in India for strategic dialogue; terrorism emanating from Pakistan, visa issues on agenda
- UP polls: Rahul Gandhi to cover 2,500 km, 233 Assembly constituencies, 39 districts, but no big rallies
- Lionel Messi's Argentina return hampered by groin injury, Sergio Aguero too ruled out
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic