Umar Gul rushes to UAE for last three ODIs against Sri Lanka
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board today decided to rush pace bowler, Umar Gul to join the national side for the last three one-day matches against Sri Lanka in the United Arab Emirates.
"Umar Gul is being flown to Sharjah tomorrow morning on the request of the team management," an official of the board said.
Gul, 29, has not played for the national side since last February when he appeared in the one-day series in South Africa.
A knee surgery in May has since kept him out of the side although he recently resumed playing domestic cricket and took 11 wickets in his only first class match last week since his injury.
"The tour management has discussed the situation with the national selectors and they have decided that Gul should be available for the last three one-day matches against Sri Lanka," the official said.
Gul is at present Pakistan`s most experienced pace bowler with 163 test, 161 ODI and 74 T20 international wickets in a successful career which was suspended due to the knee injury this year.
In 2004-2005 also, Gul suffered a back problem which kept him out of cricket for a while.
"Gul has completed his rehabilitation process and has appeared in some One day and T20 games this domestic season and last week also played a first class match for Habib Bank," another official said.
The decision to rush Gul came after Pakistan lost the second one-dayer after posting a total of 284 in Dubai on Friday.
Sohail Tanvir went for lot of runs in the match.
"I am delighted to be back in the national side and after last week`s match I am feeling now match fit," Gul told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics