Umar Gul rushes to UAE for last three ODIs against Sri Lanka
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board today decided to rush pace bowler, Umar Gul to join the national side for the last three one-day matches against Sri Lanka in the United Arab Emirates.
"Umar Gul is being flown to Sharjah tomorrow morning on the request of the team management," an official of the board said.
Gul, 29, has not played for the national side since last February when he appeared in the one-day series in South Africa.
A knee surgery in May has since kept him out of the side although he recently resumed playing domestic cricket and took 11 wickets in his only first class match last week since his injury.
"The tour management has discussed the situation with the national selectors and they have decided that Gul should be available for the last three one-day matches against Sri Lanka," the official said.
Gul is at present Pakistan`s most experienced pace bowler with 163 test, 161 ODI and 74 T20 international wickets in a successful career which was suspended due to the knee injury this year.
In 2004-2005 also, Gul suffered a back problem which kept him out of cricket for a while.
"Gul has completed his rehabilitation process and has appeared in some One day and T20 games this domestic season and last week also played a first class match for Habib Bank," another official said.
The decision to rush Gul came after Pakistan lost the second one-dayer after posting a total of 284 in Dubai on Friday.
Sohail Tanvir went for lot of runs in the match.
"I am delighted to be back in the national side and after last week`s match I am feeling now match fit," Gul told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire