‘Unabashed’ Warner challenges Proteas’ pace trio to bring it on!
Sydney: Australian opener David Warner has brazenly issued a challenge to South Africa`s star-studded pace attacking trio, inviting them to take him on verbally as well as with the ball in the Friday`s first Test at the Gabba.
“I heard someone said that they were talking about getting into my ego or something during the week. If they want to start talking out there and give me a bit of banter then I`m all for it. I know what to expect and I reckon I`ve got the game plan to counteract that,” The Age quoted Warner, as saying.
Warner, who is seen giving himself a healthy dose of self-confidence, is seen entering a second home Test summer, and believes he is fully equipped to deal with whatever Dale Steyn, Vernon Philander and Morne Morkel direct his way.
He has never faced them before in Tests but Warner is no rookie at squaring off against the Proteas` pace triumvirate.
“When you`re in the heat of the battle, you know bowlers get frustrated and some of them try to intimidate you with a few words and a couple of bouncers and this and that. At the end of the day if you`re smart and you`re switched on you know how to counteract that. I`m in the right frame of mind at the moment,” he said.
“Every time I`ve played against Dale he`s never said a word to me. It will be good if he starts coming down and giving a bit of banter, I enjoy that,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!