‘Unabashed’ Warner challenges Proteas’ pace trio to bring it on!
Sydney: Australian opener David Warner has brazenly issued a challenge to South Africa`s star-studded pace attacking trio, inviting them to take him on verbally as well as with the ball in the Friday`s first Test at the Gabba.
“I heard someone said that they were talking about getting into my ego or something during the week. If they want to start talking out there and give me a bit of banter then I`m all for it. I know what to expect and I reckon I`ve got the game plan to counteract that,” The Age quoted Warner, as saying.
Warner, who is seen giving himself a healthy dose of self-confidence, is seen entering a second home Test summer, and believes he is fully equipped to deal with whatever Dale Steyn, Vernon Philander and Morne Morkel direct his way.
He has never faced them before in Tests but Warner is no rookie at squaring off against the Proteas` pace triumvirate.
“When you`re in the heat of the battle, you know bowlers get frustrated and some of them try to intimidate you with a few words and a couple of bouncers and this and that. At the end of the day if you`re smart and you`re switched on you know how to counteract that. I`m in the right frame of mind at the moment,” he said.
“Every time I`ve played against Dale he`s never said a word to me. It will be good if he starts coming down and giving a bit of banter, I enjoy that,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what