Unmukt Chand new brand ambassador for Pepsi
New Delhi: India`s Under-19 World Cup-winning captain Unmukt Chand has joined the list of star cricketers who endorse Pepsi after the soft drink giant roped him in as its brand ambassador today.
Unmukt, who is emerging as one of the most promising cricketers in the country, will now be seen in Pepsi`s "Oh Yes Abhi!" campaign focussing on youth.
Having led the Under-19 Indian Cricket Team to a World Cup victory last year, he will now be seen in the IPL in April-May.
He will feature in Pepsi`s upcoming advertisement which will have a face-off between him and the captain of the India`s senior cricket team MS Dhoni along with Virat Kohli and Suresh Raina. The campaign went on air today.
Speaking about the association and the upcoming campaign, Homi Battiwalla, Senior Director ? Marketing (Colas, Juices and Hydration), PepsiCo India, said, "We are proud to associate with Unmukt Chand, who truly reflects Pepsi`s Oh Yes Abhi! attitude and are confident that he will lead the next-generation of players who personify the same philosophy."
The brand had signed Dhoni and Bollywood`s reigning star, Ranbir Kapoor before they became the achievers they are today.
"Pepsi is an iconic youth brand that has always celebrated young India`s aspirations, dreams and attitudes. As a cricketer and a youngster, I can relate to the Oh Yes Abhi! spirit of the brand," said Unmukt.
"I feel privileged to join the extraordinary league of achievers and youth icons that endorse Pepsi, and look forward to a great journey ahead. For me, this is not a regular endorsement deal but my commitment to Indian cricket fans of always trying to take my game to the next level," he added.
In the commercial, Unmukt is shown waiting impatiently, all anxious to get hold of a Pepsi bottle. Also seen waiting are Dhoni, Kohli and Raina.
What follows is an entertaining war of words between the youth icons and the rising star.
"The young cricket star Unmukt shows his impatient side in a refreshing and cool manner, bringing alive the philosophy of Oh Yes Abhi," said, Surjo Dutt, Executive Creative Director JWT India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical