UPCA laments state Ranji team`s failure
Kanpur: Disappointed that the state team could not qualify for the Ranji Trophy`s knock-out round for a second consecutive year, the Uttar Pradseh Cricket Association blamed the fiasco on lack of coordination between players and support staff.
Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association (UPCA) officials rued that despite having a specialist batting coach apart from a chief coach, the team could not do well.
More frustrating for the UPCA officials was that the side`s reputed players such as Suresh Raina, R P Singh and Piyush Chawla failed to click.
"We have provided all facilities to the side. Gyanendra Pandey was already there as chief coach and we also deputed former Ranji player Rizwan Shamshad as batting coach. The team also had star players and even if the team does not do well, what can we do," UPCA Director Jyoti Vajpayee said.
Another official, who did not wish to be named, said "there was lack of coordination between the two coaches and the players. Since there is lot of politics, team is not doing well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre