UPCA to rope in foreign coach to improve domestic cricket
Kanpur: In a bid to improve its domestic structure and provide the state players expert technical coaching, the Uttar Pradesh Cricket Association (UPCA) is mulling on roping in a foreign coach and other experts.
The UPCA is in talks with a former South African cricketer for the coaching job but nothing has been finalized as yet, sources in the association said.
"At the moment, we are busy working out his salary structure. We are in talks with him but everything depends on the money part. If talks fall apart with that South African player, we will look for other foreign cricketer," a source said.
"We are also holding talks with some of the former Indian cricketers but it`s premature for me to say anything at this stage," he informed.
UPCA director Jyoti Bajpai said it has become imperative for the association to recruit a foreign expert to arrest the decline in standards of state cricket.
"The foreign coach will help improve the quality of domestic cricket and impart an unrivalled resource of professional knowledge to the local cricketers," said Bajpai.
Bajpai added that the coach will impart knowledge to all the state teams namely Under-16, U-19, U-22 and Ranji side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UN chief appeals for re-launch of Syria ceasefire
- US panel wants Pak on list for religious freedom violations
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon