Upcoming Pak-India series to herald new era, says Waqar Younis
Lahore: The upcoming series between Pakistan and India, comprising two Twenty20s and three ODIs will herald a new era between the two neighbouring countries, according to former legendary Pakistani bowler Waqar Younis. "The upcoming series will herald a new era in Pakistan-Indian cricketing ties. You can feel the pressure when the two sides are involved in a contest.
There`s nothing much entertaining than that. It`s same as the Ashes series," The Nation quoted Younis, as saying. "The Pakistan-India cricket match is mother of all games. It`s unfortunate that less cricket was played between the two neighbouring countries since 2004," he added. He expressed delight at the decision of Pakistan and India cricket revival for a shorter formats series being commenced from December 25 to January 6. Meanwhile, Wasim Akram, who is associated with the Kolkata Knight Riders as bowling coach, expressed joy at the recent thaw in relations between the two countries.
"It`s a new beginning and I hope that we play each other on a regular basis. The beauty of Indo-Pak series lies in the pressure we go through," Wasim said. India froze cricketing ties with Pakistan following the 2008 terror attacks in Mumbai, and the two nations have only faced each other in the World Cup 2011 semi-final played in Mohali. However, Pakistan Cricket Board chief Zaka Ashraf managed to convince the BCCI authorities to resume cricketing ties. It is now expected that the BCCI will send the PCB almost 3,000 tickets for Pakistani fans that enable them to witness the matches to boost their morale in the match against India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- In Haryana's Mewat, half a dozen men kill couple, gang-rape two relatives
- Indian tablet market grew 14.4% in Q2 2016; Datawind continues domination
- From waiter to an Olympian in Rio: This is India's unsung hero Manish Rawat's story – HATS OFF!
- Do you know how harmful leading a sedentary lifestyle is? - Read
- HILARIOUS! Indian Twitter roasts Sanjay Manjrekar for siding with Piers Morgan