Upul Tharanga joins Sri Lanka Test squad after 7yrs
Johannesburg: Sri Lanka`s opening batsman Upul Tharanga might make his first Test appearance in seven years after being named in the Sri Lanka squad for the two-match series against Proteas starting at Galle on July 16.
Tharanga will replace Dimuth Karunaratne in the 15-man squad, with fast bowlers Nuwan Pradeep and Nuwan Kulasekara and specialist wicketkeeper Prasanna Jayawardene also left out, Sports24.com reported.
Left-hander Tharanga`s last Test was against England in 2007 but he has been out of favour in the five-day game since, although he has been picked for one-day internationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- Simply hilarious! Protesters storm PWD office, perform 'nagin dance' against official apathy - Watch
- Australia blocks China from buying 1% of its landmass
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai believes mobile phone has become the remote control for daily lives