Usman Khawaja considering moving to Queensland
Sydney: Out of favour, Australian Test batsman Usman Khwaja is mulling a move to Queensland after telling Bulls players he wants to move north.
It`s thought that a combination of cricket and personal factors may be the trigger for Khawaja`s potential career switch away from New South Wales (NSW).
It would be another great deal for Queensland`s Sheffield Shield-winning coach Darren Lehmann after Peter Forrest too moved from NSW to Queensland.
The left-hander, who was struggling to get a game for NSW, has played 11 one-day internationals since moving to Brisbane last season.
In contrast, Khawaja`s career has gone backwards since he was axed after playing the last of his six Tests last December.
Pakistan-born Khawaja had become Australia`s first Muslim cricketer but he averaged just 23 in first-class cricket last summer.
A move north could be just the tonic to re-invent Khawaja`s career and give him fresh focus outside of some of the issues that have been weighing him down in Sydney.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31