Uttar Pradesh beat Goa by 48 runs
Rajkot: Mukar Dagar`s 55 and useful contributions by Prashant Gupta and Eklavya Dwivedi helped Uttar Pradesh beat Goa by 48 runs in the Syed Mustaq Ali trophy Group A match here today.
Batting first, Uttar Pradesh scored 186 runs for three wickets and then restricted Goa for 138 for six at the match played at Saurashtra Cricket Association (SCA) stadium in Khandheri.
Dagar (55) and Gupta (46) laid solid foundation, adding 100 runs for the opening wicket off just 11.4 overs.
However, both the set batsmen were dismissed in quick succession. Eklavya Dwivedi kept scoring runs in the company of Rinku Singh (26) and Aksheep Nath (not out 10) as Uttar Pradesh made 186 runs for the loss of three wickets.
Dwivedi remained unbeaten on 43.
For Goa, Darshan Mishal was the lone bowler who took a wicket of Gupta, giving away 32 runs while Dagar and Singh were run out.
Chasing 187, Goa lost the top three batsmen within the first three overs.
Praveen Kumar dismissed Sagun Kamat (2) and skipper Swapnil Asnodkar (10) while Ankit Rajput removed Suraj Dongre reducing Goa to 15 for three.
Amogh Desai and Rohit Asnodkar made 30 and 31 runs respectively, but could not bring their side back in the game, while Harshad Gadekar smashed 33 facing just 16 balls with three sixes and reduced the defeat margin.
Goa made 138 for six.
For Uttar Pradesh, Praveen Kumar was the most successful bowler, taking two wickets for just eight runs.
Brief Score:- Uttar Pradesh 186 for 3 (Mukul Dagar 55, Prashant Gupta 46, Eklavya Dwivedi not out 43, Darshan Mishal 1-32).
Goa 138 for 6 (Harshad Gadekar not out 33, Rohit Asnodkar 31, Amogh Desai 30, Praveen Kumar 2-8).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!