Vengsarkar announces team for MCA polls
Mumbai: Former India captain Dilip Vengsarkar, who is contesting for the post of Mumbai Cricket Association President announced his candidates for various positions for the July 15 polls on Wednesday.
Vengsarkar will take on the incumbent and NCP chief Sharad Pawar and Union Rural Development Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh in a three-way battle to take control of the MCA.
While former India stumper Chandrakant Pandit will contest for the post of Secretary, Milind Rege will vie for the position of MCA Vice-President.
Former cricketers Karsan Ghavri, Balwinder Singh Sandhu, along with Mayank Khandwala and Nadeem Menon, will fight for a place in the Managing Committee.
"We don`t know who we will be contesting against but we are not worried about them. We are confident of winning," Vengsarkar, currently MCA Vice-President, told reporters here tonight.
If cricketers come into administration, the system will become better, the 55-year-old former stylish batsman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre