Venkatesh Prasad among Sri Lanka team head coach aspirants
Colombo: Former India medium pacer Venkatesh Prasad is among the eight short-listed aspirants who could take over as head coach of the Sri Lankan cricket team, a top SLC official said on Tuesday.
Ex-Sri Lanka captain Marvan Atapattu, former opening batsman Romesh Kaluwitharana and another national player Ruwan Kalpage are among the local applicants.
SLC advertised for it after incumbent Graham Ford announced that he would leave the job in January next year.
Peter Moores, a former England coach and Paul Farbrace, who was assistant coach with Sri Lanka until 2009, are among the overseas aspirants alongside Prasad.
SLC said the deadline for applications has been extended until October 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets