Venues of India-Australia Test series revised
New Delhi: The venues for the prestigious Border-Gavaskar Trophy between India and Australia have been revised with the opening Test of the four-match series scheduled to be held at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai from February 22 to 26, BCCI said on Monday.
"As per the new programme, the first game of the four-Test series between India and Australia will now be played at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai, from 22 February 2013 to 26 February 2013," BCCI Secretary Sanjay Jagdale said in a release.
"The venue has staged some unforgettable encounters between the two nations, including the `tie` in September 1986."
Earlier, Delhi was scheduled to host the opening match of the series, followed by Mohali, Hyderabad and Chennai.
However, according to the revised schedule, the second match will be in Hyderabad, followed by Mohali and Delhi.
"The teams will then move to Hyderabad for the second Test, from 2 March 2013 to 6 March 2013. The action will subsequently shift to the north.
"Mohali will host the third Test from 14 March 2013 to 18 March, and Delhi the fourth, from 22 March 2013 to 26 March 2013. Delhi`s Ferozeshah Kotla Ground was the venue where the teams first played for the Border-Gavaskar Trophy, in October 1996," the release added.
The revised schedule of the Test matches is as follows:
• First Test: MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai -- Feb 22 to 26
• Second Test: Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad -- March 2 to 6.
• Third Test -- PCA Stadium, Mohali -- March 14 to 18
• Fourth Test - Ferozeshah Kotla Ground, Delhi -- March 22 to 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill