Vernon Philander back in Proteas squad for Tests against Pakistan
Johannesburg: South African seamer Vernon Philander, who missed the last Test against New Zealand owing to a hamstring injury, has returned to the squad for the first cricket Test against Pakistan.
He replaced all-rounder Ryan McLaren in the side.
Philander had bagged the Man of the Match award in first Test against New Zealand in Newlands before he was ruled out of the second Test match in Port Elizabeth with a hamstring injury. South Africa clinched the series 2-0.
Philander`s replacement in the last Test seamer Rory Kleinveldt, and Jacques Rudolph will again provide the bowling and batting cover for the squad.
"We are very happy with the job that Rory did against New Zealand when Vernon dropped out while Jacques provides us with a lot of experience as the cover batsman," Cricket South Africa (CSA) selection convener Andrew Hudson said.
The first Test match against Pakistan will be played at Wanderers in Johannesburg from February 1.
South Africa squad: Graeme Smith (capt), Hashim Amla, AB de Villiers, Faf du Plessis, Dean Elgar, Jacques Kallis, Rory Kleinveldt, Morne Morkel, Alviro Petersen, Robin Peterson, Vernon Philander, Jacques Rudolph, Dale Steyn.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- BJP govt cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigration in Assam: RSS
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test
- PM Modi gifts Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei reproduction of rare Quran manuscript