Vernon Philander earns new contract with Cricket South Africa
Johannesburg: South African fast bowler Vernon Philander has been awarded a new contract by the Boards of Directors of Cricket South Africa on Saturday for the remaining season.
“Vernon has been an outstanding asset for the Proteas’ Castle Lager squad this summer and his successes have been well documented,” Sports24 quotes CSA CEO Gerald Majola, as saying.
“The awarding of a contract is well deserved and also gives the team management the tools to manage his workload correctly as the Proteas embark on a very busy international year that includes away tours to New Zealand, England and Australia as well as the ICC World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka.”
The Board acknowledged a proposal from Majola to have a workshop to evaluate the structure of the domestic professional competitions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!