Vernon Philander out of next Test
Johannesburg: South African pacer Vernon Philander has been ruled out of the second Test against New Zealand with a recurrent hamstring strain.
The speedster who has been bowling amazingly well announced the update on his niggle via popular social networking site Twitter: “I’ll be out of the next match due to a hamstring strain. Rehab going well and hoping to be back on the park soon.”
The same injury had forced him out of a first-class match right before the Kiwis came visiting but he was fit for the first Test where he claimed a five-for in an exquisite 6 over first-innings spell.
The second Test between South Africa and New Zealand begins on Friday at Port Elizabeth and Rory Kleinveldt will replace Philander.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued