Vernon Philander out of next Test
Johannesburg: South African pacer Vernon Philander has been ruled out of the second Test against New Zealand with a recurrent hamstring strain.
The speedster who has been bowling amazingly well announced the update on his niggle via popular social networking site Twitter: “I’ll be out of the next match due to a hamstring strain. Rehab going well and hoping to be back on the park soon.”
The same injury had forced him out of a first-class match right before the Kiwis came visiting but he was fit for the first Test where he claimed a five-for in an exquisite 6 over first-innings spell.
The second Test between South Africa and New Zealand begins on Friday at Port Elizabeth and Rory Kleinveldt will replace Philander.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city