Vernon Philander to silence critics
Trinidad and Tobago: Proteas seam and swing bowler Vernon Philander is determined to show that he is more than just an outstanding Test match bowler during the upcoming Limacol Caribbean Premier League (CPL).
Philander, 28, has 89 wickets in 16 tests. He is the third fastest to reach 50 wickets in Tests (Seventh Test).
Philander has been overlooked by South Africa`s selectors for the most part of short-form cricket. He has only eight ODIs and seven T20 Internationals under his belt, and now hopes to use the CPL to re-establish himself in these two categories.
According to Sports24,, he will line up for the Jamaica Tallawahs. Philander is currently turning out for Kent in English County Cricket.
He said that he is happy to take one step at a time, and not looking too far ahead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued