Vernon Philander to silence critics
Trinidad and Tobago: Proteas seam and swing bowler Vernon Philander is determined to show that he is more than just an outstanding Test match bowler during the upcoming Limacol Caribbean Premier League (CPL).
Philander, 28, has 89 wickets in 16 tests. He is the third fastest to reach 50 wickets in Tests (Seventh Test).
Philander has been overlooked by South Africa`s selectors for the most part of short-form cricket. He has only eight ODIs and seven T20 Internationals under his belt, and now hopes to use the CPL to re-establish himself in these two categories.
According to Sports24,, he will line up for the Jamaica Tallawahs. Philander is currently turning out for Kent in English County Cricket.
He said that he is happy to take one step at a time, and not looking too far ahead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees