Vernon Philander to silence critics
Trinidad and Tobago: Proteas seam and swing bowler Vernon Philander is determined to show that he is more than just an outstanding Test match bowler during the upcoming Limacol Caribbean Premier League (CPL).
Philander, 28, has 89 wickets in 16 tests. He is the third fastest to reach 50 wickets in Tests (Seventh Test).
Philander has been overlooked by South Africa`s selectors for the most part of short-form cricket. He has only eight ODIs and seven T20 Internationals under his belt, and now hopes to use the CPL to re-establish himself in these two categories.
According to Sports24,, he will line up for the Jamaica Tallawahs. Philander is currently turning out for Kent in English County Cricket.
He said that he is happy to take one step at a time, and not looking too far ahead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi