Vernon Philander to silence critics
Trinidad and Tobago: Proteas seam and swing bowler Vernon Philander is determined to show that he is more than just an outstanding Test match bowler during the upcoming Limacol Caribbean Premier League (CPL).
Philander, 28, has 89 wickets in 16 tests. He is the third fastest to reach 50 wickets in Tests (Seventh Test).
Philander has been overlooked by South Africa`s selectors for the most part of short-form cricket. He has only eight ODIs and seven T20 Internationals under his belt, and now hopes to use the CPL to re-establish himself in these two categories.
According to Sports24,, he will line up for the Jamaica Tallawahs. Philander is currently turning out for Kent in English County Cricket.
He said that he is happy to take one step at a time, and not looking too far ahead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery