Veteran Kallis says not thinking about retirement yet
Johannesburg: Veteran all rounder Jacques Kallis, who became the fourth player and first South African to score 13 000 Test runs on an action-packed opening day of the first Test against New Zealand on Wednesday, has claimed he is not thinking about retirement yet.
The Proteas demolished New Zealand for 45 in the morning session, the touring side`s third lowest total, and Kallis reached his individual milestone after tea when he reached 20 with a four through backward point off seamer Doug Bracewell, Sport24 reports.
Kallis said the fantastic ovation he received from the crowd in Cape Town after completing 13 000 runs will always stay as a special memory with him forever.
The 37-year-old, who has also taken 282 Test wickets, lies fourth behind Indian Sachin Tendulkar (15 645), Australian Ricky Ponting (13 378) and India`s Rahul Dravid (13 288) on the list of all-time run scorers.
Kallis, who has 159 Test caps to his name, said he would try to manage his workload now in order to make himself fit for the 2015 World Cup and prolong his Test career.
Kallis said he would like to achieve his set goals before even contemplating retirement from international cricket since he feels his batting has been in top form and he is contributing to the team.
Kallis said he doesn’t think he is blocking any youngster’s way in the team, and added that retirement is the furthest thing from his mind.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside