Vettori backs young Williamson for long haul
Nagpur: New Zealand skipper Daniel Vettori insists that young batsman Kane Williamson has enormous potential to have a long and successful future with the national team.
“He’s a very mature young man who understands his game. He wants to learn and get better all the time,” a website quoted Vettori, as saying.
“He was almost disappointed to only get one hundred in this series and that’s a great thing because a lot of people aspire to play for New Zealand, but he wants to be the best in the world.”
“He has the talent to get there. It’s just a matter of a lot of hard work-and he wants to do that,” he added.
Williamson made his Test debut against India in the first Test played in Ahmedabad, where he scored 131 runs off 299 balls in the first innings.
During the process, the 20-year-old had become the eighth New Zealand player to score a century on Test debut.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement