Vettori backs young Williamson for long haul
Nagpur: New Zealand skipper Daniel Vettori insists that young batsman Kane Williamson has enormous potential to have a long and successful future with the national team.
“He’s a very mature young man who understands his game. He wants to learn and get better all the time,” a website quoted Vettori, as saying.
“He was almost disappointed to only get one hundred in this series and that’s a great thing because a lot of people aspire to play for New Zealand, but he wants to be the best in the world.”
“He has the talent to get there. It’s just a matter of a lot of hard work-and he wants to do that,” he added.
Williamson made his Test debut against India in the first Test played in Ahmedabad, where he scored 131 runs off 299 balls in the first innings.
During the process, the 20-year-old had become the eighth New Zealand player to score a century on Test debut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you