Vettori backs young Williamson for long haul
Nagpur: New Zealand skipper Daniel Vettori insists that young batsman Kane Williamson has enormous potential to have a long and successful future with the national team.
“He’s a very mature young man who understands his game. He wants to learn and get better all the time,” a website quoted Vettori, as saying.
“He was almost disappointed to only get one hundred in this series and that’s a great thing because a lot of people aspire to play for New Zealand, but he wants to be the best in the world.”
“He has the talent to get there. It’s just a matter of a lot of hard work-and he wants to do that,” he added.
Williamson made his Test debut against India in the first Test played in Ahmedabad, where he scored 131 runs off 299 balls in the first innings.
During the process, the 20-year-old had become the eighth New Zealand player to score a century on Test debut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users