Vettori backs young Williamson for long haul
Nagpur: New Zealand skipper Daniel Vettori insists that young batsman Kane Williamson has enormous potential to have a long and successful future with the national team.
“He’s a very mature young man who understands his game. He wants to learn and get better all the time,” a website quoted Vettori, as saying.
“He was almost disappointed to only get one hundred in this series and that’s a great thing because a lot of people aspire to play for New Zealand, but he wants to be the best in the world.”
“He has the talent to get there. It’s just a matter of a lot of hard work-and he wants to do that,” he added.
Williamson made his Test debut against India in the first Test played in Ahmedabad, where he scored 131 runs off 299 balls in the first innings.
During the process, the 20-year-old had become the eighth New Zealand player to score a century on Test debut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched