Vettori could return against Windies
Auckland: Veteran New Zealand spinner Daniel Vettori could return to action sooner than expected. A team selector has said that Vettori will be considered for the home Test series against the West Indies beginning Dec 7.
Vettori is back to playing days after undergoing Achilles tendon surgery in England in June.
Initially, his comeback was expected to be against India in January but with the form he has shown in domestic games, selectors would "welcome" an earlier return.
"It`s over to Dan when he`s ready. He knows his body but we would welcome his availability sooner rather than later, of course. It depends entirely on his recovery," national selector Bruce Edgar was quoted as saying by stuff.co.nz.
Vettori took six for 95 in a Plunket Shield match against Auckland, and one for 28 and three for 33 in Northern Districts` Twenty20 matches last weekend.
The-34-year-old played the last of his 112 Tests in July 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list