Vettori could return against Windies
Auckland: Veteran New Zealand spinner Daniel Vettori could return to action sooner than expected. A team selector has said that Vettori will be considered for the home Test series against the West Indies beginning Dec 7.
Vettori is back to playing days after undergoing Achilles tendon surgery in England in June.
Initially, his comeback was expected to be against India in January but with the form he has shown in domestic games, selectors would "welcome" an earlier return.
"It`s over to Dan when he`s ready. He knows his body but we would welcome his availability sooner rather than later, of course. It depends entirely on his recovery," national selector Bruce Edgar was quoted as saying by stuff.co.nz.
Vettori took six for 95 in a Plunket Shield match against Auckland, and one for 28 and three for 33 in Northern Districts` Twenty20 matches last weekend.
The-34-year-old played the last of his 112 Tests in July 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Now cancel counter-booked wait-listed train tickets online
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round
- Panama probe independent of Bachchan's presence at Modi bash: Union Law Minister