Vettori, McCullum return to New Zealand squad
Wellington: After missing last month`s tri-series in Sri Lanka for family reasons, skipper Daniel Vettori and Brendon McCullum returned to the New Zealand squad for the tour of Bangladesh next month.
The team includes one new cap - fast bowler Hamish Bennett - while batsman Martin Guptill, included in the New Zealand A squad for a series against Zimbabwe, has been dropped from the senior team.
"Hamish Bennett has been included in the squad on the back of a solid NZA tour and multiple successful domestic seasons. He is an exciting fast bowler and we are sure he will make the most of this opportunity," said selector Mark Greatbatch.
"As we develop depth for the coming 12 months and narrow our focus on the world cup next February, it`s important that we give players the opportunity to stake their claims for future selection."
All-rounder Scott Styris has been left out of the squad owing to injury while Jesse Ryder returned after an extended injury break.
On a "last chance" warning for his off-field behaviour, Ryder missed last month`s tri-series in Sri Lanka because of an elbow injury. New Zealand Cricket (NZC) issued a warning to Ryder after the batsman was involved in a drunken incident during a trip with his indoor cricket team last month.
The Kiwis will play one warm-up game followed by five one-dayers in Bangladesh.
The Squad: Daniel Vettori (Captain), Hamish Bennett, Grant Elliott, Brendon McCullum, Nathan McCullum, Andy McKay, Kyle Mills, Jesse Ryder, Aaron Redmond, Tim Southee, Shanan Stewart, Ross Taylor, Daryl Tuffey, BJ Watling, Kane Williamson.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what